How can I prepare for a storm?
If your home has been prone to storm damage in the past it might be a good idea to prepare for flooding when a large storm is eminent. This home did not have as much damage done during the flooding because they followed some simple storm tips.
• Place high value items on an upstairs floor.
• Use wooden blocks on furniture to raise them off the floor.
• Clear out rain gutters to allow for water to flow away from home.
• Remove debris around storm drains around your home to avoid a backup.
• Sandbag doors and window wells to deter as much water as possible from entering your home.